Friday, December 24, 2010

The End Has Arrived but We’re Just Beginning

New Testament Challenge, Day 40 – Revelation 12-22

In keeping with the Tradition of not preaching about this book I will simply say that the 40 Days of Blogging Challenge combined with the New Testament Challenge has come to an end with the book about THE END. I suppose it is appropriate that when Jesus finally does come back to usher in the new creation, all this life will be left behind for something better. With the Feast of Christmas, already being celebrated throughout the world as I write this, we usher in the New Testament, the New Covenant with God.

I began this challenge by sharing why I blog, but I end with something completely different…

Why do YOU read? Orthodox Christianity is not an intellectual faith. It is not a mental exercise. And it is most definitely NOT a system of beliefs and rules to be learned and filed away on some library shelf. Orthodox Christianity is a way of life. So if you come to this blog everyday and have not somehow been challenged, internally, to live a better life in Christ, then I have failed in my purpose for this blog. Of course, I won’t stop doing it, but you might stop reading it. That’s your decision and as I always like to remind people, the choice is yours to make.

NOW….if you want a real life in Christ, turn off your computer and go to Church! You’ll be better off there, trust me.


Merry Christmas and,

Be Transfigured! Life a New Life in Christ

No comments: