Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Be of One Mind

New Testament Challenge, Day 31 – Philippians and Colossians

It’s interesting. When you get a chance to read Scripture every day as we are for the Challenge, certain themes begin to present themselves a bit more obvious than if we just read a few passages at a time. This happened to me today. I came to realization that there are parts of today’s readings and yesterday’s readings that could just as easily have been “a cut and paste job” by Saint Paul.

“Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.” (Philippians 2.1-1)

The call for unity in the Church is so great that Christ Himself prays for it before His Passion on the Cross, “That they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us.” (John 17.21)

Salvation is being united to God “in His blood” (Colossians 1.14) which is only possible through the Eucharist. Jesus Christ says, “He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him.” (John 6.56) Don’t YOU want to be united to God?

Come to Church and find out how!

No comments: