Tuesday, June 21, 2016

We are not without hope

With all the commotion about gun control and hate speech debates I bring you this little story to show that we are not without hope. As you know I hear stories from fans all the time from throughout the world. I received this message from someone today about an incident at work.

"Last week I took over a large portion of accounts from a coworker. Of course many of the clients were not happy with the change, and one client in particular came to me to close her account. She walked in my office and immediately saw my icon on my desk and then told me her prayers were answered. She was so moved that I displayed my faith even when some of my clients may be offended. Now I might not get that reaction from all my clients but at least I made a difference to one."

My brothers and sisters THIS is what changes hearts. It wasn't court proceedings. It wasn't congressional action plans. It wasn't a public media campaign. It wasn't a TV commercial. It wasn't some sort of street corner evangelism. It wasn't even a letter to the editor or a Presidential speech. It was a single life dedicated to living the Orthodox Christian life that moved the heart of another person. This is what it means to live a new life in Christ.

May Our Lord God bless and keep you. May He cause His face to shine upon you. May He have mercy on you.

No comments: