Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Denying Christ

Lately, I have been considering the difference between denying Christ and simply keeping your faith to yourself. Jesus said, "Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. “But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven." (Matthew 10:32 - 10:33 NKJV)

If confessing Christ requires action, is Jesus suggesting that denying Him also requires action, or is not confessing sufficient for Him to deny us? 
Considering this question from Christ's viewpoint, if He were simply to refuse to confess to knowing us, that would be as tormenting as actively denying us. 

Placed in the context of Matthew 25, where non action was indeed the cause of condemnation, I believe we will find equal torment if we do not actively confess Christ. 

Myriad martyrs throughout Church believed the same. Something to consider. 

1 comment:

Katerina said...

Touching thought Father, what it might feel like if Jesus did not acknowledge us.