Thursday, August 4, 2011

Interesting.......Just Plain Interesting....

In today's reading from 1st Corinthians Saint Paul says,
Now I praise you, brethren, that you remember me in all things and keep the traditions just as I delivered them to you. But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonors his head. But every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, for that is one and the same as if her head were shaved. For if a woman is not covered, let her also be shorn. But if it is shameful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered. - 1 Corinthians 11.1-6
I occurred to me when I read this during Church this morning.  If so many Christians practice sola scriptura why don't I see veils on women in Church? In fact, I see many more veils on Orthodox Christians women. Interesting.......

No comments: