Saturday, January 28, 2017

Get Ready for Lent

Great Lent is only a few weeks away and the Triodion begins next week. Today is the commemoration of Saint Ephraim the Syrian who is known for a Lenten prayer which Orthodox Christians pray throughout Great Lent. I am sharing this today, so you can print it and place it with your icons now. That way you’ll be prepared for Great Lent when it arrives at the end of February.

Prayer of Saint Ephraim the Syrian
Lord and Master of my life, take away from me the spirit of laziness, idle curiosity, lust for power and vain talk
(full prostration)
But give me the spirit of moderation, humility, patience and love
(full prostration)
Yes, Lord and King grant me to see my own faults and not to judge my brothers and sisters
(full prostration)

For you are blessed unto the ages of ages, Amen

No comments: