Thursday, September 1, 2016

A New Day for Be Transfigured Ministries

Since I began my blog in 2008 I would never have imagined I would be blessed to reach an audience in more than one hundred countries and host a weekly live Bible Study on the internet, let alone have my blog posts read by thousands of readers each month. The ministry has come a long way and I am very thankful to God and all who have supported our efforts in the past eight years. As I looked ahead to the future it occurred to me Be Transfigured was growing into something special and I wanted to take steps to ensure there was a solid and blessed future for Be Transfigured Ministries.

In order to protect my home parish from internet attacks (yes, I have made some online enemies with my sermons) and to allow for greater involvement from local and regional business, I have decided to incorporate Be Transfigured Ministries as a separate nonprofit corporation in South Carolina. I understand some individuals and organizations are just not comfortable working or donating to a Church ministry. This new structure will allow them to support the work of Be Transfigured Ministries. We will still feature sermons, Bible Studies, lectures and other special events in the life of my home parish. We will just have a separate structure to protect the Church. We also plan to file the appropriate forms for official 501c3 tax exempt status with the IRS.We will be sharing more information about our new structure in the weeks and months to come.

The transition does come at a price however. We will need to increase available funds for legal fees and operating costs in the coming months. Our fund raising goal for this phase is $1,000 by October 1st. I pray you will be able to assist us in this new direction. You can choose to become a regular sponsor or make a one-time donation.


Here's to a new day!

No comments: