Thursday, May 26, 2011

Spiritual Self-Assessment

Rate the following topics from 1 to 5


I read the Bible

1)Daily

2)3x per week

3)1x per week

4)<1x per month

5)Been a long time



I fast at least from meat

                1)Wednesdays and Fridays and every day the Church teaches to fast

                2) Only Wednesdays and Fridays throughout the year

                3) Only Wednesdays and Fridays during each of the Lenten Periods

                4) Only Wednesdays and Fridays during Great Lent

                5) Been a long time



I say my prayers

1)      Morning and evening every day

2)      Morning and evening when I remember

3)      When I get a chance or when something is bothering me

4)      When I or a member of family is in crisis

5)      Been a long time



I receive Holy Communion

1)      Every Sunday and on other Religious Holidays

2)      2x per month

3)      1x per month

4)      3x per year

5)      Been a long time



I attend Holy Confession

1)      4x per year

2)      2x per year

3)      1x per year

4)      When my conscience is really bothering me

5)      Been a long time



I attend Divine Liturgy

1)      At least every Sunday

2)      2x per month

3)      1x per month

4)      4x per year

5)      Been a long time



I have attended Church services OTHER THAN Sunday Liturgy (not including Holy Week)

1)      More than 10x in the last year

2)      5x – 9x in the last year

3)      2x in the past year

4)      1x in the past year

5)      Been longer than a year





When it comes to making my family calendar

1)      I always consider the Church calendar to avoid conflicts

2)      1 try to consider the Church calendar to avoid conflicts

3)      I look at the Church calendar in the Sunday bulletin and discover a conflict

4)      The Priest tells me he missed me and I discover there was a conflict

5)      You mean the Church has a calendar?



When discussing our family finances

1)      We have a goal to tithe our income to the Church as thanksgiving to God

2)      We try to increase our giving each year because we know the Church as expenses

3)      We give our fair share of the Church budget

4)      We give what we think is appropriate considering our personal finances

5)      We give when we have spare funds





SECTION 2 – Please answer Yes or No



We have a dedicated prayer corner in our home



I say my personal prayers where my children can see me



I teach my children how to say their personal prayers each night



I often miss Divine Liturgy for reasons other than being sick



I think it is important for my children to learn the Orthodox Christian Faith



I take time during each week to discuss the Faith with my children



I read the articles and letters in the Monthly and Sunday Bulletins regularly



I subscribe to the Church email distribution list



I am a “fan” of the Church Facebook Page



I often read the Church’s FB page for inspiration



I visit other Orthodox Christian websites for spiritual inspiration



I visit other Christian websites for spiritual inspiration



I visit other non-Christian websites for encouragement and guidance



I think the Greek Orthodox Church has information and guidance that can help me in my personal life



I feel a bit guilty answering these questions



I feel judged answering these questions



I don’t think the Church should bother to ask me these questions

No comments: