Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A new earth or just an old heresey?

I see the Devil is working hard through Oprah these days. I just watched (most of) the first chapter of the online webcast with her and Ekhart Tolle featuring his new book, “A New Earth, Awakening to Your Life’s Purpose.” WOW, I can’t begin to describe how dangerous the ideas being espoused are. In general they say we have to be awakened to OUR, not a, consciousness and begin to disregard what the voices are saying to us in our head IF those voices are telling us that we should be in church. This is a very simple outline, but I plan to read the book now and reflect upon it here. I referenced it in a sermon a few months ago about self-help, but I no idea just how bad it was. Tolle says that God was created by man in his mental image. DANGER DANGER DANGER.

No comments: